Crossovers are an intricate part of car audio and any audio system. Because there isn’t a driver capable of playing from 20Hz to 20Khz, we need crossovers. Yes, there are extended range speakers in the market capable of playing an extensive frequency band, around 80hz to about 18Khz but a TRUE 20 to 20! The best way to reproduce a 20 to 20 spectrum is by choosing an array of drivers specializing in narrower frequency ranges. The most efficient way to accomplish this is to break the 20 -20 spectrum into three sections – bass, mid, treble. Accuracy can be significantly improved when you break this up into four, five, or even six sections: bass, mid-bass, midrange, treble or sub-bass, bass, mid-bass midrange, and treble. The role of the crossover is to assign the frequency range each drive is most proficient playing. This can be done electronically in the signal path before it gets to the amplifier or passively (meaning it has no power) after the signal leaves the amplifier.
Every sound system must have a crossover. Think of a crossover as a filter that blocks unwanted frequencies to a speaker or group of speakers. That way, tweeters, woofers, and subwoofers get high, mid, and low frequencies, respectively. An external or dedicated crossover is ideal in a high-performance or competition system. While audiophiles prefer passive crossovers, those who lack the technical knowledge and assets to the measuring equipment required to properly design a passive crossover, an electronic crossover is always a better choice! And while many amplifiers do have build-in electronic crossover, more often than not, investing in an external dedicated crossover is well worth it.
- Signal input/output options: | 2Ch. RCA front/full range stereo or optional mixed mono input | optional 1800 phase inversion switch for front/full range input
- High/tweeter signal processing options: | variable 1khz-10khz high-pass Crossover | mid-high signal processing options: | variable 12Db 550hz-3khz high-pass & 4khz-20khz low-pass Crossover
- Mid-low signal processing options: | variable 12Db 50hz-400hz high-pass & 30hz-5khz low-pass Crossover | optional 3-stage 24Db subsonic filter | variable 50hz-350hz 12Db low-pass Crossover
- Country Of Origin : China
- Package Weight : 1.157 Kg
- Package Quantity : 1
- 2 Audiopipe Passive 2 Way Car Audio Crossover / Two-Way Speaker and Tweeter 300W
- Bass boost circuitry with quasi-parametric equalization provides a single octave boost of 12 dB at 45 Hz to ensure smooth and accurate bass response.
- DC to DC regulated switching power supply provides constant voltage to the crossover to ensure consistent output performance.
- Frequency multiplier switch can be used to multiply the crossover frequency points.
- 2 Pack of 2-Way Crossover
- High and Low Frequency Response
- Max Power: 500W
- 6 Channel Input / 8 Channel Output
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control Included
- Master Gain Control
- Five-Way Electronic Car Audio Crossover System
- BALANCE ACTIVE SPEAKERS PERFECTLY - DS18's active crossover will help you divide frequencies with ease, making sure your tweeters, mid-range, and subwoofers all receive the correct levels every time.
- UNCOMPROMISING FLEXIBILITY AND DESIGN - 6 channels with 2,4,6 channel selector. 12 channel /6 way RCA output at 11.5V. High/low/band pass crossover 12dB/Oct
- BASS KNOB INCLUDED - The XM6LD Crossover comes with a remote bass knob included. Always have control over the bass levels depending on what genre music you're listening to.
- High signal voltage capability: 13 volts peak output
- Six channels of input and output
- Balanced differential inputs
- Front Channel High Pass Frequency Extender, Subwoofer Frequency Selector.
- Bass Boost Frequency and Level Control.
- Phase Inverter Subwoofer Stereo/Mono Switch.
Last update on 2022-05-26 at 19:00 / Images Source Amazon Product API